Tuesday, 1 January 2008

2007 Wrap Up

(stolen from hanz)

What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before?

Ran a workshop. Sang for church.

Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for 2008?
Some.. most of my "resolutions" had to do with my spiritual walk..

Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nope.. not anyone particularly close..

Did anyone close to you die?
Ditto

What countries did you visit?
I spent New Year's 2007 in Vancouver. Did the usual Perth-Singapore thing a couple of times. Drove up north to Lancelin and down south to Busselton/Marg River a couple of times.

What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
Overflowing abundance of faith to trust God, and not what I do or don't do to gain points with God.

What date from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Spiritual Formation Retreat, Oct 20. It was a fresh wind in my relationship with God.

What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Confidence. Singing for church.

What was your biggest failure?
Not doing the things I promised God I would do.

Did you suffer from illness or injury?
Nothing new, just recovered from a year-old ankle injury. Think I had the flu once.

What was the best thing you bought?
Best thing I bought that I enjoyed the most.. probably my 10 year old car!

Whose behavior merited celebration?
No one...?

Where did most of your money go?
Daily necessities - petrol, groceries, bills, etc.

What did you get really excited about?
Life with God after the fresh wind at the Spiritual Formation Retreat.

Which song will always remind you of 2007?
You are Everything (Everything I Need) by Brian Doerksen

Compared to this time last year, are you:
Happier or sadder? Probably the same
Thinner or fatter? A year ago we were gorging ourselves silly in Vancouver. Yet, this year, I'm fatter, despite eating much less than last year :(
Richer or poorer? Probably the same. I have enough.

What do you wish you'd done more of?
Let myself be cared for by others.

What do you wish you'd done less of?
Waste time on the Internet.

How did you spend Christmas?
Christmas service in church, then went home. It was a quiet one!

Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
Davido Babido!

Did you fall in love in 2007?
Not with anyone I was already in love with! Hah!

What was your favorite TV program?
Grey's Anatomy

What was your favourite movie?
Didn't watch any really remarkable ones.

Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Nope

What was the best book you read?
The Bible. Is there any other better book?!

What was your greatest musical discovery?
I realised that I quite like Brian Doerksen, though I've been listening to him for some time.

What did you want and got?
Many new tees from Threadless.

What did you want and not get?
It's a secret! ;)

What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 26 on the 26th of March. Woohoo! I stayed home and relaxed all day. CAN YOU TELL I'M REALLY GETTING OLD?!

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not living in fear. I have many, some quite irrational, fears.

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
I'm feeling a little more girly nowadays, but it's still jeans and teeshirts for me.

What kept you sane?
The peace of God. Seriously.

Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
None!

Who did you miss?
My family.

Who was the best new person you met?
Cheryl. She's got a heart of gold.

A valuable life lesson you learned in 2007:
The peace of God will take you through life's fiercest storms.

Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
You are Everything (Everything I Need) by Brian Doerksen

My soul is yearning for Your living stream
My heart is aching for You
All that I long for is found in Your heart
You are everything I need

You are the thirst
You are the stream
You are the hunger living deep inside of me
You are the food that satisfies
You are provision for the journey of our lives
You are everything

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great post. Sounds like 2007 was a year of growth for you. I hope that 2008 will be an even better year for you.

Anonymous said...

i see my name!