Tuesday, 2 October 2007

Trusting God

I reckon one of the best things about having God in my life, is the hope that I have in Him for even the littlest things in life.

Most things are beyond my control, but every single thing is under God's control. WOW. It is absolutely mind-blowing when I think about a Sovereign God who is watching over every millisecond of my life, who is concerned with the things that concern me (no matter how trivial it might be), and who is patient with me when I am impatient for Him to do something already.

Now the reason behind this post is that I have been waiting for nearly two months now to sell my car. I used up the maximum quota of free ads on a local buy-and-sell newspaper, put an ad up online, but have had only about 5 people come view the car.

After a week or two with no enquiries, 3 people in total called me yesterday and today to ask about the car.

And one of them bought it today :)

God's really amazing. It was just only yesterday morning at the beach in Rockingham, and again this morning that I was quite literally begging God to bring a buyer for my car to me soon.

The people who are buying the car are really nice - I had a good chat with the Mom while the Dad and the Daughter took the car for a spin. It felt good to have a "right" feeling about the person buying my car.

We live in an instant society where we want stuff and we want it now, where patience is a virtue that many of us cannot boast to have.

The sermon on Sunday reminded me that trust = not only to seek His face, but to wait for Him. There IS purpose in waiting - it is a reminder that God is in charge, not you.
Everytime there is opportunity to fear, there is opportunity to trust.

God is good.
God is near.
Sometimes we just have to wait.

No comments: