Today was a small slap on the face - a reminder not to take things for granted.
So for awhile now, I've mentally made some plans, talked to some people, and kinda figured out where I'm going to be and what I'm going to be doing for the next couple of years. Alongside those plans, I've made certain decisions (mostly unnecessary financial decisions) revolving around my mentally prepared - and on hindsight I realise - very unconfirmed plans.
I found out today that it's not going to go as I planned, and I'm left feeling slightly guilty.
What excatly is it that I am feeling guilty about?
I am feeling guilty that while God was in the picture of those plans, He wasn't exactly at the centre of it.
This is a classic case where I can kinda sense God saying, "Hello? Stop what you are doing. I'm still here you know. Do you believe I have something better for you - even better than what you have planned for yourself?"
I thank God though because in my excitement to get my plan going, I nearly paid a couple of hundred for something I don't need at the moment. Thank God the furthest I got was 4 very ugly mugshots to paste on my application form.
So what's the moral of the story?
Everything to God in prayer.
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,"
declares the LORD."As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts."- Isaiah 55:8-9
No comments:
Post a Comment