Thursday, 3 April 2008

The News

It's funny how I go through my list of prayers and verses to claim for each day, and on a very very unconscious level, expect God not to test/show/teach me something about that verse.

One of the verses I pray through every Thursday is from Isaiah 26:3-4, which says,

You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you. Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD, the LORD, is the Rock eternal.

So the "whose mind is steadfast" was particularly outstanding this morning. I remember briefly saying to myself, "Hmm, I wonder what a steadfast mind looks like. Steadfast spirit (Ps 51:10) I have heard of, but a steadfast mind?"

I just heard some random news that made me a little reflective/pensive/sad (stress : a little), but I must remember that God is in control, I must trust Him, and my mind must be steadfast in Him - not in situations or circumstances or even in people.

It's a HUGE lesson.

No comments: