As you may have already noticed, I almost never comment on anything political. In fact, my interest level towards politics would rate a 0.5 on a scale of 1 to 100.
Australians may no longer be the white trash of Asia, but their style of governance would run Singapore into the ground, the city-state's outspoken former prime minister said on Wednesday.This was the brief summary that caught my attention yesterday while I was getting my daily news fix.- article taken from ninemsn
I chanced upon the above article written by the Australian press about Lee Kuan Yew (oh my, he's on Wikipedia and even on Answers.com!). I thought the article was going to cause a hullabaloo (and possibly even fuel racism towards Asians here? - but if we're going to be all pompous and mightier-than-thou, then it probably warrants some kind of negative reaction).
Then today, I read this article written by the Singapore Press about the same event.
Nevertheless, what intrigued me was how two countries can paint the same picture so differently.
No comments:
Post a Comment