It's been a long time since I've felt like this.
This week, though we're only 3 days into it, has been a trying week on many levels, and while I like to joke that it's because of the shock of turning 26, it seems that it's so much more than that. I'm disappointed, bitter, sad, empty, and Stressed (with a capital S). For a moment today I was tangibly feeling all this negativity.
God in His great mercy knows the turmoil in my heart, and assured me today in class countless of times that He is near. I had what I like to call several "Holy Spirit Moments", as theologically incorrect as it sounds, where I nearly broke into tears as His truths spoke out of the tutor's mouth, straight into my heart. It happened during devotion and at my Christian Ethics class, which sounds totally unrelated, but who knows how God works.
And to think I nearly didn't make it to class this morning.
The lesson to learn in all of this, and I am reminded of even as I type, that everything happens so that I can refocus on who I am and who God is.
I have so much to learn.
Wednesday, 28 March 2007
Displaced
// said
Lisa
@
11:01 pm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I pray that you'll continue to draw closer to God and that he'll be your comfort. I also pray that he'll continue to lead your way forward and that he'll help you deal with the issues that have you feeling less than 100%.
thanks Rodney, His mercies are new every morning :)
Post a Comment