Thursday, 25 September 2008

Who I Am

I did a questionnaire in college recently during one of my biblical counselling classes. This questionnaire basically helps you identify whether you are a visual, and auditory or feelings person.

What I loved about this test was that the questions were pretty interesting. For example, one of the questions asked, "If you had unlimited money, what would you do?" The options were a) Buy a great house and live there; b) Travel and see the world; c) Join in the social scene. For me it was a toss up between a) and b), but I ended up choosing a). So a) stood for feelings, b) for visual, and c) for auditory.

Out of the three (visual, auditory and feelings), my score for feelings was through the roof! And according to my tutor, people like that are very prone to being depressed.

While I know that I often feel deeply and strongly, it helped me understand So Much Better why I think/react the way I do. My feelings are my unconscious sieve as I make sense of things and situations around me. When I deal with people, I am never able to do something with total disregard to how someone else might feel. People who suppress or choose not to deal with their feelings baffle/frustrate me.

Pretty interesting stuff!

No comments: