So God has convicted me that I need to make some permanent changes to my internet habits.
I've been wasting wayyyy too much time mindlessly surfing and reading blogs, resulting in half a shelf worth of unread books and a tortured soul every time I step into a Christian bookshop (woe to me when they have a sale!).
This past week, I've been made to reflect about whether my use of time is pleasing to God; about the things in my life that I am a slave to; about whether my use of time reflects God as my first and greatest love.
How I spend my time should match up with my professed desire to love God with all my heart, soul, mind, strength.
I should be reading more, resting more, praying more, being still more, rather than wasting time on blog reading. Not on a daily basis anyway.
I've asked my mentor to keep me accountable, and I've prayed for the Holy Spirit to remind me and prompt me whenever I habitually click on my xanga subscriptions or livejournal friends.
Now how are YOU spending your time?
Monday, 23 July 2007
Trading Blogs for Books
// said
Lisa
@
2:21 pm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment