Lately I have been thinking about purity and what my purity means to God.
The other day, I had a chat with a friend about being a virgin. I told her I didn't really understand why it was SO important to christian guys that their future wives be virgins (and vice versa). To me, what mattered was that the person I marry had repented of their sins and had not continued to walk that path, especially when it took place during a time in which he/she had not yet known God personally. I also suggested that it would be more realistic to expect your future husband/wife to be a non-virgin.
This morning as I sat before God, I realised that my expectations, despite having SO much christian influence on my life, have been tainted by the world. I hadn't realised it, but now I do.
I believe (and am even more convinced about it now) that purity and being a virgin encompasses so much more than the physical - it starts with the thoughts, and everything else that leads up to the actual act.
So the question I like to ask myself is this : what is my motivation for purity?
Often, it is to honour my future husband, but shouldn't my main motivation be to honour God above all else?
Monday, 16 April 2007
Purity
// said
Lisa
@
4:24 pm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment