Wednesday, 10 January 2007

He Knows My Name

Sometimes it's easy to forget and sometimes it's easy to take it for granted, but tonight at prayer meeting, in an incredibly real and personal way, God reminded me :


I have a Maker
He formed my heart,
before even time began
My life was in His hands

He knows my name
He knows my every thought,
He sees each tear that falls
and hears me when I call


I have a Father,
He calls me His own
He'll never leave me,
no matter where I go

He knows my name
He knows my every thought
He sees each tear that falls
and hears me when I call


©1996 Doulos Publishing
Words and Music by Tommy Walker



I realise how incredibly important it is to spend time with Him everyday.

I've been feeling disconnected from God in the past few weeks, especially during the best holiday ever (as a direct result of not keeping to daily quality quiet time with God), but it's great to know that despite that, He spoke right into my heart as the pastoral team prayed for me, and basically told me that He is enough for me, and that He knows my heart. Kinda like a little reminder - "hey, I'm still here and I love you my child!"

Thank You God.

No comments: