Saturday, 16 December 2006

Vancouver Blogged #1

After a gruelling 15hr plane ride (transit time not included), we made it to Vancouver!

It's been pretty exciting weather-wise...

The power was out when we got up this morning due to really strong winds early in the morning, which brought down trees and power lines, so everyone made our way to an ex-pastor's house to shower and brush our teeth (for some reason, if the power is out, the water doesn't work as well).

It's about 4am now and it started snowing just now at about 2am. We went outside to play in the snow. It was nice and fluffy! Apparently snow is quite rare (it only snows once or twice a year in winter) so we're really really blessed to have fresh snow.

I'm having fun so far.. the company and shopping has been great.

And of course.. I'm absolutely loving the weather!!

1 comment:

Becks said...

I heard about the crazy weather in Vancouver. Glad to hear you're enjoying the fluffy white stuff!! Too bad you can't bring some back for me =P