Tuesday, 3 October 2006

Marriage

The more I think about this whole concept of marriage, the more I am convinced that :

  1. If your relationship with God is your top priority, then spiritual compatibility is of utmost importance.
  2. People tend to settle in alot of ways, because we want it here and we want it now.
  3. That amongst the other things on my no-way list, the top one(s) probably has to be irresponsibility and inconsideration.
  4. That a general feeling of where you'd like to be in the future is quite important - a cross cultural missionary-wannabe might want to think twice about being with someone who wants to stay in his/her home country and be a pastor.
I pray that I will not compromise my calling for the sake of marriage.

1 comment:

Mavis said...

hey, are we best friends or what? :) I was doing i-dunoo-wat the other day & suddenly i was thinking abt the whole finding-a-partner thing. and u know what? i was telling myself that he must really be a man after God's HEART. No need SUPER Godly, but someone who's compatible in terms of spirituality! Just like what you said. Love u best friend!!