Wednesday, 11 October 2006

Good Riddance

So I FINALLY got rid of my car today. Good riddance! After all the mischief it's been up to, it wasn't very hard to say goodbye to it.

Got it fixed up and it's been trouble-free since late August, but Dad figured that if someone's wanting to buy it, then I'd be better off selling it, as I'd probably have a hard time selling it when I finish my internship and leave Perth. God graciously provided me with a buyer who not only did not mind the bad paintwork on the body of the car, He also provided me with a good price - much more than what the dealers offered and what other mechanics said it was worth. It wasn't enough to cover the amount of money I've spent on the car so far, but I'm really just thankful for what I got back.

In this past week, I've seen two cars, both of which I really liked, but both were sold before I got the money from the sale of my car. Both times I specifically prayed and asked God to sell the cars before I get to it if there is something wrong with the car that is unseen.

I have to constantly audibly affirm His sovereignty and His goodness in this situation, because my flesh keeps saying "oh no...". I know God will provide the best for me, because I believe He cares for the details of my life.

Please pray that I will find a car within this week as my existing insurance is going to take off 10% of what I've already paid for fees to cancel my insurance policy (that's more than 50 bucks) if I don't get a car by next wednesday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you actually know when you're leaving perth?

i'll be praying for you (:

Mavis said...

HAR?!?!?! WHEN...WHEN?!!! soon? come to me best fren!!!

eh, the car looks ok what. sigh....

best fren prayin 4 u tooooo!!

Lisa said...

thanks best friendS :)

dave > yeah my internship ends in 2007.
mabice > HUH? when what? the car has been one trouble after another..

Anonymous said...

ohh, but i thought there might be a chance of you staying back after that?